We’re partnering up with Apogee Journal, and with the generous support of the Brooklyn Arts Council, to bring you one digital and eight craft-based writing and editing workshops in our conference room at 80 Hanson Pl, Brooklyn: Writing Resistance 3.0: Make Space for the Margins. The workshops will be led by Apogee contributors and community members: sára abdullah, Jennifer Baker, Jennifer Bartlett, LaTasha N. Nevada Diggs, Crystal Hana Kim, Urayoán Noel, Raquel Salas Rivera, Aracelis Girmay, Ivelisse Rodriguez. Staying true to Apogee’s mission of creating accessible and socially-engaged programming, these workshops are affordable, inclusive and attentive to the ways identity informs reading and writing practices.
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
Saturday 4/20, 3:00 – 4:00 pm: Ivelisse Rodriguez (Writing with Fear) Tuesday 5/7, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: LaTasha N. Nevada Diggs (Procedures and Retellings) Tuesday 5/14, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Urayoán Noel (Transversal Poetics)
- Tuesday 5/21, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Raquel Salas Rivera (Decoloniality as Metaphor and Praxis)
- Tuesday 5/28, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Crystal Hana Kim (Finding a Character’s Voice)
- Wednesday 6/5, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Jennifer Bartlett (The Activist Body)
- Saturday 6/8, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: Aracelis Girmay (ode + possibility) [OUT OF STOCK]
- Wednesday 6/12, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Jennifer Baker (What’s At Stake? Finding Connections in Personal Experiences and Political Structures) [OUT OF STOCK]
- Wednesday 6/19, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: sára abdullah (Bodies Beyond Bounds)
- Saturday 6/29, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: Poet’s Panel: Cyree Jarelle Johnson, Marwa Helal, & Andrés Cerpa
*All classes will take place at our Conference Room in the 4th floor at 80 Hanson Pl, Brooklyn.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND
Single class: $25
To register and find out more about each class and the incredible work Apogee does…