NYC’S ONLY WRITING MARATHON
Change what it means to Marathon!
Write your a** off for a great cause!
Some New York writers have found a whole new way to battle the dark night of the soul. Each year in Manhattan, over a hundred scribes replace rooms of their own, blank pages, and—in hard cases—half empty bottles with a very different kind of marathon. The Annual Write-A-Thon benefits NYWC’s free, unique and powerful creative writing programs across New York City.
Participants devote a full day to their writing, find community, attend free inspiring workshops, and compete for prizes. Gift-bag freebies and lunch and light breakfast are included. Like a walk-a-thon, our attendees ask friends and family to donate in support of their day of writing.
- Devote a day to writing
- Meet other writers
- Attend free creative writing workshops
- Inspiring lunch time talk by well-known, experienced writers! (past speakers include Colson Whitehead, Jessica Hagedorn, Jennifer Belle, and Ira Glass)
- Help NYWC’s free creative writing programs
- for the formerly homeless, at-risk youth, seniors & others
- Prizes for top pledge-getters